PSAT & SAT Test Prep Tutoring
The SAT and the PSAT are two critical tests for High School students planning on going to college. While the value of education is evident, it is also no secret that a four-year degree can cost a fortune. That being the case, it is wise for students to plan to achieve high SAT and/or PSAT test scores. Doing so will lead to a higher likelihood of securing a an SAT scholarship. This provides further reason why SAT Test Prep & PSAT Test Prep is worth the student’s time and effort. These tests, and how well your son or daughter do in them, can determine their future. It’s that important. We match students with the appropriate SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor to help them hone their skills.
We believe that each student should be able to answer every test question correctly. However, test takers do make mistakes. Through extensive research and analysis, Brainy Learning Club has developed concise, specialized review materials to help students avoid making mistakes, build confidence and improve their test scores.
Each student’s specialized SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor will develop a review plan and materials that alert students to nuances within questions, as well as familiarize them of common mistakes to avoid. By understanding these pitfalls, students not only feel more confident but they are also more able to correctly answer each question and thus attain a higher score.
What is the difference between the SAT and the PSAT?
Both the SAT and the PSAT are incredibly similar in content, however there are few differences. The PSAT is designed to help students prepare for the SAT, and as an opportunity for juniors and sophomores to qualify for merit scholarships. Because the topics covered in both tests are the same, whether you are choosing an SAT Tutor or a PSAT Tutor, the preparations for each test are similar. This brings to mind the question: Is the PSAT even necessary?
The benefits of SAT & PSAT Test Prep with an SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor is to improve the chances of qualifying for the National Merit Scholarships and SAT Scholarships.
There are significant benefits for students to work with the SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor to prepare for the SAT and the PSAT. The PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is cosponsored by by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). High school sophomores and juniors take the PSAT to determine eligibility and qualification for the National Merit Scholarship Program giving students an early opportunity to secure a scholarship. The SAT gives high performing students the opportunity to be considered for an SAT Scholarship. Preparing your son or daughter for both the PSAT and the SAT provides them with more academic opportunities, and a higher likelihood of scoring well. An SAT Scholarship speaks highly of your child’s academic abilities and future potential in addition to saving on tuition.
SAT Suite of Assessments: What is the difference between PSAT 8/9, PSAT 10 and PSAT/NMSQT?
The PSAT/NMSQT is the exam required for a junior student to be considered for the National Merit Scholarship available only to junior students. The PSAT 8/9 is designed for eight graders and high school freshman and is meant to serve as a precursor to the PSAT 10, the PSAT/NMSQT and the SAT. The PSAT 10 is designed specifically for sophomores.
What type of SAT Scholarship is my child eligible for?
It is no secret that a four-year degree will cost a fortune. And according to NerdScholar, high school graduates left more than $2.9 billion in free federal grant money unused over the last academic year. Here are some great websites to use to find SAT scholarships:
- Google.com (Just type in any criteria that fits you)
- 2018 Most Students Receiving Merit Aid / US News Ranking
Brainy Learning Club’s 3-step test prep approach is:
- A full-length diagnostic evaluation to determine areas of strength and weakness
- Tutor-guided review of the diagnostic evaluation with detailed personalized test preparation timeline and strategy focusing on areas needing improvement
- Personalized tutor-guided practice to strengthen the understanding of test concepts and on-going diagnostic to verify.
There is no secret to mastering any concept, and one size does not fit all. Brainy Learning Club’s personalized approach guarantees mastery of each test concept. With our focused strategic preparation approach, and focused practice, your student will see great improvement and achieve the necessary high scores colleges and universities require for admittance.
SAT 5/5/2018 SPECIAL – $600
- 6 sessions 4 hours each starting 9am Saturday 3/24 or Sunday 3/25
- Office hours to follow up
- $50 off per student when you bring a friend
- $75 off per student when you bring 2 friends
- $10 off when presenting referral card
- 3 students per tutor
- Includes practice material problems and tests
- A Brainy Learning Club student achieved 98th percentile (33/36) on the 10/2/2018 ACT.
Flexible SAT & PSAT Test Prep Tutoring Plans
- Multi-hour pre-payment discount start with 10 hours and 10% for 1:1 or small group tutoring.
- 10 hour increments and 5% discount increments with a maximum of 20% discount
- Buddy discount of 5% in addition to the multi-hour pre-payment discount
- Jointly set schedule that is most convenient to meet the review needs
- Multi-hour prepayment discount starts with 10 hours and 10% discount off basic rate of $50/hour.
- Discount increases by 5% for every 10 additional hours up to a maximum of 20% discount:
- $450 for 10 hours
- $850 for 20 hours
- $1,200 for 30 hours
Scholarship pan – $1,500*
- Up to 40 hours 1:1 mentoring, practice drills and diagnostics
- $300 Scholarship for SAT score greater than 1,400
- Must consent to use results and pictures for advertising
* Can be paid in installments of any amounts during the tutoring period. Upon full payment, the plan effective rate is $37.50/hour, and $30/hour after scholarship.
Guaranteed improvement plan: $2,500**
- Guaranteed 200 point improvement or 30% refund*** (based on two official College Board tests, before & after)
- Up to 70 hours 1:1 mentoring, practice drills and diagnostics
- Must attend minimum of 40 hours mentoring at Brainy Learning Club
- Must consent to use results and pictures for advertising
** Can be paid in installments of any amounts during the tutoring period. Upon full payment, the plan effective rate is $35.71/hour.
*** Does not apply if your current score is greater than 1200 (based on 2 official tests)
MAKE TODAY THE DAY YOU JUMPSTART YOUR CHILD’S JOURNEY TO GREATNESS.
Contact us today to learn more about our learning development programs! Stop by and tour our facility, chat with our teachers, and meet a few of our current students. We look forward to helping your child succeed!