The SAT and the PSAT are two critical tests for High School students planning on going to college. While the value of education is evident, it is also no secret that a four-year degree can cost a fortune. That being the case, it is wise for students to plan to achieve high SAT and/or PSAT test scores. Doing so will lead to a higher likelihood of securing an SAT scholarship. This provides further reasons why SAT Test Prep & PSAT Test Prep is worth the student’s time and effort. These tests, and how well your son or daughter do in them, can determine their future. It’s that important. Brain Learning Club matches students with the appropriate SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor to help them hone their skills.
We believe that each student should be able to answer every test question correctly. However, test takers do make mistakes. Through extensive research and analysis, Brainy Learning Club has developed concise, specialized review materials to help students avoid making mistakes, build confidence and improve their test scores. Our SAT testing prep services will help your child succeed.
Each student’s specialized SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor will develop a review plan and materials that alert students to nuances within questions, as well as familiarize them of common mistakes to avoid. By understanding these pitfalls students not only feel more confident, but they are also more able to correctly answer each question and thus attain a higher score.
What’s the difference between the SAT and the PSAT?
Both the SAT and the PSAT are incredibly similar in content, however, there are few differences. The PSAT is designed to help students prepare for the SAT, and as an opportunity for juniors and sophomores to qualify for merit scholarships. Because the topics covered in both tests are the same, whether you are choosing an SAT Tutor or a PSAT Tutor, the preparations for each test are similar. This brings to mind the question: Is the PSAT even necessary?
The benefits of SAT & PSAT Test Prep with an SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor is to improve the chances of qualifying for the National Merit Scholarships and SAT Scholarships.
There are significant benefits for students to work with the SAT Tutor or PSAT Tutor for PSAT and SAT test prep. The PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is cosponsored by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). High school sophomores and juniors take the PSAT to determine eligibility and qualification for the National Merit Scholarship Program, giving students an early opportunity to secure a scholarship. The SAT gives high performing students the opportunity to be considered for an SAT Scholarship. Preparing your son or daughter for both the PSAT and the SAT provides them with more academic opportunities, and a higher likelihood of scoring well. An SAT Scholarship speaks highly of your child’s academic abilities and future potential, in addition to saving on tuition.
SAT Suite of Assessments: What is the difference between PSAT 8/9, PSAT 10 and PSAT/NMSQT?
The PSAT/NMSQT is the exam required for a junior student to be considered for the National Merit Scholarship available only to junior students. The PSAT 8/9 is designed for eighth graders and high school freshmen and is meant to serve as a precursor to the PSAT 10, the PSAT/NMSQT and the SAT. The PSAT 10 is designed specifically for sophomores.
What type of SAT Scholarship is my child eligible for?
It is no secret that a four-year degree will cost a fortune. And according to NerdScholar, high school graduates left more than $2.9 billion in free federal grant money unused over the last academic year. Here are some great websites to use to find SAT scholarships:
- Google.com (Just type in any criteria that fits you)
- 2018 Most Students Receiving Merit Aid / US News Ranking
Brainy Learning Club’s 3-step SAT test prep approach is:
- A full-length diagnostic evaluation to determine areas of strength and weakness
- Tutor-guided review of the diagnostic evaluation with detailed personalized test preparation timeline and strategy focusing on areas needing improvement
- Personalized tutor-guided practice to strengthen the understanding of test concepts and on-going diagnostic to verify.
There is no secret to mastering any concept, and one size does not fit all. Brainy Learning Club’s personalized approach to SAT test preparation guarantees mastery of each test concept. With our focused strategic preparation approach, and focused practice, your student will see great improvement and achieve the necessary high scores colleges and universities require for admittance and scholarships.
SAT SPECIAL – $850
- 6 weekends, 4 hours/session
- Maximum 3 students per tutor
- $50 off per student when you bring a friend
- Includes practice material problems and tests
- Personalized review based on detailed diagnostic test analysis
Our targeted SAT test prep approach and actual results are our best endorsement. For example, one of Brainy Learning Club’s students achieved 98th percentile (33/36) on the 10/2/2018 ACT. Another who is still in ESL achieved 97th percentile (1,410/1,600) on the 5/5/2018 SAT.
Flexible SAT & PSAT Test Prep Plans
- Multi-hour pre-payment discount.
- Small group tutoring of 1 to 3 students per tutor.
- Free SAT / PSAT diagnostic with any prepaid package.
- Additional 5% buddy discount when you bring a friend.
- Jointly set schedule that is most convenient to meet your needs.
Detailed Diagnostic Assessment $150
- Full SAT / PSAT test.
- Detailed analysis report identifying pockets of lacking proficiency.
Scholarship Plan – $1,500*
- Up to 40 hours of tutoring, practice drills and diagnostics.
- $300 Scholarship for SAT score greater than 1,400**.
- Must consent to use results and pictures for advertising.
Guaranteed Improvement Plan: $2,500*
- Guaranteed 200-point improvement or 30% refund**.
- Up to 70 hours of tutoring, practice drills and diagnostics.
- Must consent to use results and pictures for advertising
* Can be paid in installments. Available hours will be based on total payment at the time.
** Does not apply if your current score is greater than 1200 (based on 2 official tests).